ASNM Call for Abstracts
The ASNM is accepting presenters for the Annual Conference. As a presenter you will receive ASNM CEUs and receive $50 off registration for the Annual Conference. ASNM membership is required for abstract submission. ASNM members are allowed to submit up to two abstracts as the primary author.
February 1, 2024, 11:59 PM: Submission deadline for abstracts. These must be submitted through the online abstract submission form.
April 1, 2024: Abstract applicants will be notified of acceptance as either a platform or E-poster. Platform presenters will be provided with a presentation day.
May 1, 2024: E-posters and platform handouts are due.
Abstract presentations are accepted into either an E-poster (viewable in the conference meeting app) or live platform presentations. The ASNM Research Committee will select the final format of abstract presentations. Presenters will be notified of presentation formats via email by Cayla Marconi, ASNM director firstname.lastname@example.org
E-Posters: If accepted as an E-Poster, submit these electronically to Cayla Marconi email@example.com with the following specifications:
- One PowerPoint slide using the 16:9 ratio resolution setting saved as a .PDF file
- Sans serif font
- No video
- Maximum file size 10 MB
Platforms: Platform presentations receive a ten-minute time slot at the Annual Conference. If accepted as a Platform, bring these as a 6 slide PowerPoint presentation to the meeting and email the handouts to Cayla Marconi firstname.lastname@example.org using the following guide:
- Slide 1: Title of the presentation, authors and affiliations, date and location of the
- Slide 2: Introduction
- Slide 3: Methods
- Slide 4: Results
- Slide 5: Discussion
- Slide 6: References
Accepted platforms will be expected to transparently report experimental design and analytical methods. Efforts should include blinding, statistics, sample sizes and replication. Error bars should be defined. There should be no protected health information within the abstracts or presentations.
Notice of Abstract Acceptance Status
Communications regarding abstracts are sent to presenting authors only via email. Other co-authors should ask their abstracts presenting author for information regarding their abstract. Presenting authors will be notified about their abstract’s acceptance status in April. Abstract presenters must register to present platforms at the annual meeting. Presenters may choose to wait to complete their registration until after they have received their abstract platform
acceptance notification in April.
Rules for Abstract Submission
Original research and case studies
- Some aspect of the abstract must be original to reflect new progress.
- The abstract must include some aspect of surgical neurophysiology related
- Abstracts from industry are welcome, but those containing commercial content
or advertisements may be rejected.
- Methods papers should be grouped with either the case study or original
research categories according to the sample size
- Reviews should be literature driven and a meta-analysis is acceptable if the conclusion is new.
- Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion
- It is not satisfactory to say “the results will be discussed.” Emphasize the
rationale, significance of results and general principles. State whether theresearch is exploratory or confirmatory. The abstract should be able to stand alone with all relevant points that will be provided in the presentation.
- Include relevant institutional review board information.
- The abstract should consist of a minimum of 150 words, but not more than 400 words.
- Use standard abbreviations after spelling it out in full for the first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses. Do not abbreviate in the abstract title.